It’s been a little while since I have done this, but since you will be 2 on Saturday, I thought this would be a good time to write ten facts about you…
1. You still love Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and that is the ONLY thing that can be on television. It has to be on even if you aren’t watching and I am not lying when I tell you that I have every episode ever made and I can recite all of them word for word. You do tend to stick with 4 or 5 episodes for awhile and will only watch those particular ones before getting bored. At least you are consistent…
2. You love to play with any kind of ball whether it is a football, basketball, balls that bounce (your favorite), plastic Christmas ornament balls, or balls from your ball pit. I could say something witty here but since this is only your second birthday, I will save that for later.
3. You still love to spin everything including yourself and let me just tell you, you are talented! You can spin anything with just a flick of the wrist and little effort and you aren’t even 2! I picture you spinning those plates on sticks.
4. You can sign the word more and we are working on open. I taught you how to sign more by allowing a swing you were in to stop swinging and not pushing you again until you signed for more. It took all of 5 minutes. Little professor!
5. You love water but won’t get in unless you can see the bottom which I totally get because I am the same way. Except for bubble baths. That’s where we differ. You like to put your nose near the water and try to smell it and no matter how many times you suck water up your nose and nearly drown yourself you still continue to try to smell the water. Maybe one day you will be able to explain that one. I sure hope so because I am dying to know why.
6. You will cannot sleep anywhere but your bed. You have to have your crib, your blanket “Linus”, white noise, and it must be dark. I’m not complaining since I did co sleep with your sister who I still have a hard time getting out of my bed, but this makes travel difficult.
7. You can’t stand to have your feet covered but will wear your shoes if it means you get to go outside. You get this from me definitely. Good thing we live in Florida…
8. You do not like to touch anything sticky, slimy, gooey, or smooshy. You prefer to play in rice, beans, or sand. I did get you to touch spaghetti noodles that I cooked and dyed colors which was surprising and you finally played with play-doh!
9. You have started to noticed your nose. You like to blow air out while scrunching it. You like to smell things too which is very new for you! I’m waiting for you to discover that you can put things up there or pull things out!!!
10. Your favorite juice is apple, fruit is grapes, you love peanut butter and jelly or grilled cheese, any vegetable but potatoes unless they are McDonald’s fries, you are addicted to those I think, but let’s not go there, and you love frozen blueberries especially when teething.
I could have gone on and on, but those are some of the highlights. I love you peanut! Tons and tons and tons more!