This post will be one of the few posts that does not begin with Dear Oliver… To be nominated for a blogger award is incredible to me! There are so many bloggers to choose from but mewhoami nominated my blog. I have to say that her blog is a mix of everything. There is no theme yet it all flows together into this wonderful read. She is a wonderful writer and I adore her blog. So I am honored that she would nominate my blog for this award. I’m so excited! This means that there are people out there who read my words, my personal thoughts, and enjoy them! I am humbled and totally blushing right now. Thank you for nominating my blog! I’m feeling quite special right about now! When I began writing to Oliver I had no idea that I would write to him about some of the things I write to him about. It was supposed to be a baby book in blog form and it turned into therapy for me. It turned into fear, anxiety, frustration, exhaustion, and true love. Oliver is the bomb! I try to show him that and I hope that when he reads these letters one day he will feel how much I love him.
As with any award there are rules. Here are the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Okay now for my nominations:
All of these blogs are a must read. I love it when I find something that I enjoy reading and it becomes impossible to stop. That is what all these blogs have done to me and I hope you find that they do the same to you! Okay now on to the 7 things you might not know about me, but you find interesting. Or not. Mewhoami read her 7 facts and I guarantee you will spit your coffee. She. Is. Fantastic.
1. I am terrified of vomiting and will do anything in my power to avoid it. I can’t see it, hear it, smell it, or think about it. In fact I’m getting a bit anxious just writing this.
2. I am a surrogate mother to two little girls. They live down the street and I get to see them when I want. I am so blessed.
3. I am an introvert and the only people I know are extroverts and it pisses me off.
4. I love to read. I will read anything. I am obsessed with reading.
5. I have traveled to Buenos Aires, Argentina and all over Southern Italy. I find travel romantic.
6. I named my son Oliver because I found out I was pregnant as soon as I got home from Italy and while I was there all I could think about were the 1000 year old olive trees. Stunning.
7. I love to smell everything. When I was young I used to smell every crayon before I used it. I think I was hoping they would all smell different. Isn’t that kind of the definition of insanity? My favorite smell is orange and it’s also my favorite color. It makes my mouth water.
Thank you so much for this nomination! It means the world to me…Now I must go because Oliver is climbing onto the counter. Good times…
- 100th post Versatile Blogger Award (mewhoami.wordpress.com)
- Versatile Blogger Award (shortandsweetreats.com.au)
- The Versatile Blogger Award (paulinekingblog.wordpress.com)
8 thoughts on “The Versatile Blogger Award”
You’re welcome! Thank you also, for all your kind words. I loved reading your 7 facts. They really show what a kind spirited person you are. The fact that you are a surrogate mother touches my heart. To do that takes a very special person and it’s wonderful that you get to see them often. Also, Oliver’s name came from a terrific place. Great name for a great kid.
Thank you so much! Its fun to read the facts about bloggers you follow and you get to see the real them. You are hilarious. Keep posting! I love your blog!
smiles…oliver because of the olive trees…love this… and i do smell on crayons as well…still…smiles…thanks for the mention…
I’m glad I made you smile! Can’t wait to read your facts! 🙂
Wow thank you so much for the nomination. I loved reading your seven things. It’s funny because I smell everything too. It’s not insanity it’s great minds, in my opinion lol…. Thank you again. Happy Thanksgiving. 🙂
Your welcome! You.deserve it!
Thank you so much for this award. And I feel about sweaty feet as you do about vomiting. I’ll do anything to avoid them. *grin*
Hahaha you always make me laugh. You deserve the award for sure! 🙂